I am so, so excited to announce that legendary scrapbook company BasicGrey has gone DIGITAL! They have joined JessicaSprague.com as a digital designer, and their first collections are available starting TODAY at JessicaSprague.com! I swear I have been in a breathless tizzy for the last several weeks waiting for their launch today!
Jessica Sprague BasicGrey Instant Album
In honor of our cause celebre' I've designed a so-cute, so-quick Instant Album using the new BasicGrey Clippings collection available at JessicaSprague.com.
This FREE mini-album requires just a little bit of prep in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, and then a little assembly after you print it out, and then you have an amazing little book to toss in your bag or purse, hand off to someone as a gift. Or print several and stack them up on your coffee table to let guests flip through.
The book itself contains ten photos and requires only three ingredients:
- Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, plus 10 pictures
- A printer and one sheet of matte presentation paper (I recommend Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte)
- A bone folder
Ready to get started? Follow the instructions below!
Step 1: Download the Album Template
Here's what the template looks like when you download and unzip it, and open it in Photoshop:
Step 2: Complete the Album in Photoshop
Here is a video tutorial to show you how to complete the album:
Step 3: Print and Fold
After you've completed your album by adding photos and making any customizations you need, print your album onto a single sheet of letter-sized matte presentation paper, borderless if your printer does that, and then follow these instructions:
1. Fold your paper in half length-wise, with the album print facing up.
2. Unfold, and fold your paper in half width-wise, with the album print facing up.
3. With the fold facing away from you, flip the edge toward the fold and crease down.
4. Turn the print over and repeat step 3. Your print looks like one mountain with two flat edges on either end.
5. Unfold until step 2 - a simple width-wise fold.
6. Cut along the length-wise fold from the fold to the first "page"
7. Pull the two cut pieces away from each other and press the album open.
8. Fold and crease the pages.
NOTES: The pattern for this album is from the book called How to Make Books by Esther K. Smith.
Special thanks to my bestie Kristen Creech for the lovely step shots. :)
Have a wonderful day, friend! Don't forget to check out classes at JessicaSprague.com, and grab some of the gorgeousness that is BasicGrey today!