Holidays in Hand, Day 2
Yesterday morning, I woke up and found Rowen downstairs at the kitchen table, making artwork. She told me a few days ago that she wants to be “either an artist or a teacher of kids” when she grows up. She had drawn her daddy a really stunning piece of artwork, so that was my focus for Day 2:
You can click the image for a larger version.
- Template: Jessica Sprague, from Holidays in Hand class
- Patterned paper: From Sparkle paper pack, and Noel paper pack by Crystal Wilkerson, background paper from September 09 Paper Collection
- Lined paper (I turned down the opacity to let some of the paper show through): June 2009 Neutral papers by Crystal Wilkerson
- Stapled tag: from September 2009 Lots of Labels set by Crystal Wilkerson
- Scalloped border: from September 2009 Bunches of Borders set by Crystal Wilkerson
- Photo corner: from the Princesa Elements Set by Jessica Sprague
I think my favorite part are the little red markery handprints along the edges. She had obviously been hard at work on other projects before launching into this one, which is full of her pure childlike love and generosity (she’s giving Jared a huge bundle of flowers).
Since these pages will be spreads in the Shutterfly book I’ll make from these, I wanted them to coordinate somewhat, so I’ll be sticking mainly to the papers from the Holidays in Hand class, and from Crystal’s December collection, and then tucking in some other bits here and there. :)