Holidays In Hand, Day 1
I know, you probably thought I forgot, and went back to bloggy oblivion where I spent most of September and October, right?
No way, man. This is important.
I started creating my pages from the templates, using the prompts I gave in the Holidays in Hand class, and this project has kind of evolved into two different projects. I realized two things as I’ve worked on these the past couple of days. One, I really NEED to simply document a month in my life. That’s what the first part of this will be. Just a month in the life. It’s been a long time since I created anything that was just basically for me, a record of my ordinary life, and I am looking forward to it. :)
The second part will be my journal from holidays past and present - there probably won’t be photos, or maybe not many. I’ll get that piece posted as soon as I’m done, and give the template if you’re interested in that. :)
So, here is my Day 1:
Click the image to see it larger and read the journaling (you know you wanna! ;)
- Template: Jessica Sprague, from Holidays in Hand class
- Patterned paper: From Sparkle paper pack, and Noel paper pack by Crystal Wilkerson (although I really recommend picking up her entire 60-paper December collection - it is AWESOME)
- Lined paper (I turned down the opacity to let some of the paper show through): June 2009 Neutral papers by Crystal Wilkerson
- Stapled tag: from September 2009 Lots of Labels set by Crystal Wilkerson
- Scalloped border: from September 2009 Bunches of Borders set by Crystal Wilkerson
- Photo corner: from the Princesa Elements Set by Jessica Sprague
I feel like, where I am in my life right now and scrapbook-wise, this is what I need to do for me. I hope if you took the Holidays in Hand class, that you’re making the materials work for you, too! Link me up if you post, ok? :)