I can’t even say enough good things about digital templates.
Think of them like a “live” pencil sketch of a layout, only you can use the shapes on the various layers to clip your papers in, and you can create a gorgeous layout in 15 minutes. No kidding!
For the April issue of Creating Keepsakes, I created a video tutorial to walk you through the process of using a template, AND you can download two free templates from Jen Caputo at Scrapbookgraphics.com!
Using templates is a great way to speed up your scrapbooking whether you’re a digital OR a paper scrapbooker. Simply print your completed template out onto 12x12 matte photo paper (or upload it to a place like scrapbookpictures.com or shutterfly.com to have it printed and sent to you), and then complete it with traditional supplies!
Here is one of my pages from the April issue:
- Digital page template: Jen Caputo
- Digital patterned paper: Beautiful Journey kit by Michelle Coleman, littledreamerdesigns.com (pink paper);
- Rejuvenate kit by Jen Wilson, jenwilsondesigns.com (white paper); Haute Momma kit by Jen Wilson, jenwilsondesigns.com (brown paper); Scalloped cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper;
- Patterned paper: American Crafts (yellow);
- Digital flourish (over photo): On the Edge Flourishes No. 3 kit by Katie Pertiet, www.designerdigitals.com;
- Title rub-on words: Daisy D’s Paper Co.;
- Flower stickers: Making Memories;
- Rhinestone: Heidi Swapp for Advantus;
- Heart pin: Heidi Grace Designs;
- Date stamp: Rhonna Farrer, Autumn Leaves;
- Stamping ink: Cat’s Eye, Clearsnap;
- Photo corner and circle punches: EK Success;
- Printer: Epson R1800; Photo paper: PremierArt Matte Photo Paper, Epson;
- Font: Century Gothic, Microsoft.
Thanks to Jen for the beautiful templates! Have a Phabulous Photoshop Phriday and a great weekend! :D