I’m so excited to be introducing this new format. The second Friday of every month, I’ll be doing a digital roundup - this might include cameras, lenses, scanners, printers, computers, hard drives, services, digital kits, kinda anything goes here. :) And I might throw in a few life-related links in addition to the digi ones. :D
- I guess the first one should be that my new special issue of Creating Keepsakes, Computer Tricks for Scrapbooking 2, is available for preorder. :D Contributors to this book included Greta Hammond, Jill Godon, Noel Culbertson, Joanna Bolick, Pam Callaghan, Stephanie Vetne, and Candice Greenway. These talented ladies ROCKED MY SOCKS with their beautiful work, and I think you’ll really like this new issue. It follows some of the same format as the first book, with the sample layout one one page, and then detailed step-by-step instructions with screen shots, as well as a full downloadable digital kit, but a couple of new features I think you’ll like are:
- An entire photo editing workshop section. It’s about 15 pages of step-by-step instructions for basic and more advanced photo editing
- A “Peek into the Process” section where I walk you through my own editing process on a single photo
- An albums section, with SEVEN complete downloadable album templates you can easily complete yourself.
- Epson announced a brand-new wide-format printer that they’re releasing early this year. It replaces the Epson R1800. It’s called the Epson Stylus Photos R1900. The other exciting news is that the R1800 is still an amazing printer (it’s the one I own), and Epson is offering $100 off their reduced price ($499), so you can pick this up for $399. Check that out here.
- Check out the January Songbird Avenue kit, a collaboration between Shabby Miss Jen, Jan Crowley, and Meredith Fenwick. Gorgeous, and all proceeds go to the Lupus Foundation of America.
- This month, my Computer Tricks column in CK focused on shaped journaling. I included four free half-circle journaling templates, which you can download right over here. (Don’t forget to download the FREE exclusive mini-kit from ScrapGirls there as well! Just scroll down that page)
- My good friend Liv fleshed out some of the journaling templates and created top and right-side templates as well. Here’s the link to download the extra set of half-circle journaling templates! Thanks Liv!
- You know I love masks. Cutting-without-cutting is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite things about digi. I’m loving these: by Anna Aspnes. By Katie Pertiet.
- Loving all the new Valentine’s kits coming out as well! Check this one out by Jackie Eckles for a freestyle look. And the How Lovely and Ella Kate by Heidi Larsen - so cute! Here’s a winged heart set by Katie Pertiet, and one in non-traditional colors from Nancie Rowe Janitz. Hook me up with more Valentine’s kits!
- And speaking of Valentine’s! Make sure you’ve picked up the free Valentine’s Brush Set (from last year) from Jason Gaylor. Proving once again that great Photoshop design and free stuff never go out of style. ;)
- Stumble on over to the Daily Om, and sign up for their free daily inspiration email (whether you want the optional shamanistic reading is up to you…). Here’s a sample of the email one I got yesterday, which was very good timing, I think:
There comes a point in most of our lives when we feel ready to experience a change we’ve had trouble carrying out. Maybe we’ve been stuck in a home, a relationship, job, or a town that hasn’t felt right for a long time, but we’ve been unable to shift our circumstances in the direction we want to go. At times like this, it can help to declare to the universe that we are ready for a change. Think of it as informing a helpful friend that you need her assistance to move to the next level in your life. If the time is right, the universe will respond with opportunities and offers designed to help you create the change you wish to see.
- This freaking awesome and delightful Human Calendar is full of faces that help you tell what day it is. So neat. :D (psst: tomorrow it will be different!)
- This article helped me do much of my Christmas shopping this year. My brother got San Jan, my sister got the Settlers of Catan expansion, and Jared got both Munchkin and Carcassonne. If you’re into Game Night, these are some great recommendations.
Feel free to post in the comments with your digi (or otherwise!) finds! Have a super Phabulous Photoshop/Digital Phriday! :D