Today’s Top 5.
1. A bag of microwave popcorn. I prefer Orville Redenbacher’s Butter Light (and heck yeah, they have that at Amazon, too), but I’ll settle for most kinds.
2. Brand new bra from Victoria’s. Would you believe I hadn’t been fitted since before kids? And I was a completely different size than I thought (Who knew ribs could expand that much? Not me). I’m SO comfortable. The girl in the store said you look 5 lbs lighter in the right bra. Who knows. But it feels good to think it. :D
3. New laptop on its way from Dell. I have a great desktop machine, but with traveling and teaching I needed a solid, reliable, reasonably priced laptop. It’s upgraded in all the right places (processor, RAM, monitor, and video card - I don’t store anything on local machines, so hard drive space isn’t an issue for me). Also good for checking email while sitting on the couch. ;) Here’s the dirt, for just under $900.00:
|Intel® Core™ DUO T2350 (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB), Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic|
|Inspiron E1505|| Intel® Core™ DUO T2350 (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB) || |
|LCD Panel|| 15.4 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen WXGA+ Display with TrueLife™ |
|Memory|| 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM |
|Video Card|| 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™ |
|Hard Drive|| 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive |
4. ACDSee Photo Manager. This little program has changed the way I approach digital scrapping. I still use Picasa for viewing my photos, and I use ACDSee for organizing all my digital supplies. It took a couple of hours to create the tag set and apply the tags to all my supplies. I can leave everything in their original folders, and add tags to each supply, basically putting them in multiple categories - such as: I have a floral paper from Jen Wilson that is blue and red and grungy. I can add the tags: Jen Wilson, Paper, patterned paper, floral, blue, red, grungy to my paper and find it no matter what tag I click on. It makes it really easy to find things across multiple kits, which means more supplies get used more often. :) Beautiful.
5. cb2.com. SUCH cool stuff. We’re in decorating mode for the room (we will NOT call this a dining room) at the front of the house, that may PREVIOUSLY have been a dining room, but will now be a sort of sitting room/ living room/chilling room with a big rug from Flor, some leggy chairs and perhaps a loveseat, and perhaps the coffee table below. And which for now is empty except for Rowen’s train table. We’re going for a toddler minimalist chic right now, and hoping to upgrade to your basic place to flop down when people come over and/or you don’t want to be in the other room with the TV.
Also, for scattering across the bare wall in the room we will not call the dining room, I especially love these:
Now I’m needing a new laptop bag. And still needing shoes.
I’ll be doing make and takes at Paper Playground in Apex, NC from 1-3 p.m. this Saturday. If you’re local to Raleigh, stop by!
What’s on your top 5 today?