Some items of business and interest:
1. The cover is up on my hybrid special issue, out April 10! EEK! I can’t believe it! :D
There are some cool events coming up to celebrate, which I’ll let you know about as they get closer. :) If you want a taste of what the issue will be like, check out the April issue of CK, which should be on newsstands very soon, or arriving in your mailbox if you’re a subscriber. A few of the contributors and I put together an article that is almost identical to the way the techniques in the special issue are explained. Only it’s 4 and not 67. :D
2. I installed the Photo Manager from ACDSee. I imported all of my digital scrap items. I took a few minutes (okay, it was like 45 minutes, maybe an hour) and categorized all of my items (like papers, alphas, etc.), BUT I also created sub-categories, especially for paper - because in both the digi and paper worlds, I’m drawn to patterned paper like a moth to a flame. I created categories for Solids, Stripes, etc. I think eventually I’ll get into categorizing them the way Nisa does, which is not by color or by what’s on the page, but by the feel or mood of the paper, such as Graphic, Funky, Grungy, Elegant, and so on. Dang. I can’t even remember all her categories. But she rocks mixing patterned paper harder than anyone I know, so she totally has a good thing going. (I’ll get the low-down from her on all her categories and post here, so we can all steal the great idea from her. ) Anyway, back to ACDSee. The Photo Manager is SO cool. Drag-and-drop easy, and you can see everything except .abr brushes right there by clicking on the categories you’ve set up. I’ll be talking about this more, because it’s basically the way I’ll be viewing and organizing my digi scrap supplies from now on (I’ve been using Windows Explorer.. I know.. dark ages.. but no more!)
3. Thank you for the poems in yesterday’s thread. Keep ‘em coming. :D Paste or link, either way is great. And thank you Amy for your great comment - I love the poems you have on your blog!
4. Photoshop Friday is Live this week at DesignerDigitals. This Friday night, 10 p.m. EST. We are doing (surprise!) a photo technique! Stop by if you wanna, and/or you don’t live in Germany or Australia, which I understand will be in the depths of the middle of the night. No Photoshop Friday is worth that. But I’ll post the instructions first thing Saturday morning.
5. If you are local to me here in the Raleigh area, I’ll be doing make and takes at Carolina Memories in Durham in April (needing to finalize the date there), and a make-and-take/book signing at Paper Playground in Apex on May 12. I would love to meet you IRL if you live around here. :)
Guess that’s it!
Tomorrow will be Q+A Thursday. Partly because I’m a glutton for punishment. Partly because I love ya. Partly because I’m a total Photoshop evangelist and they don’t even pay me. And I can’t help any of these things, so whattaya gonna do?
Post your Q’s to this thread, and I’ll make it through as many A’s as I can tomorrow! (A. For Answer. Not for any other word that might start with A… you naughty-head.)