"So Thankful" Mini Album Instructions
Several people have wanted to know how I put this album together. Here are the detailed instructions.
Download and unzip the album starter pages (click the link, then click the link that says “Download the So Thankful Album”.
Open the pages in Photoshop and add journaling, and print them out. I recommend matte photo paper (since these are 4x6, you can also upload them to a photo developer and get them printed just like regular photos).
To assemble the album:
- 2 pieces of lightweight chipboard (you can get these from the backs of patterned paper packs, or by the sheet)
- 3 sheets of smooth cardstock (more if you are making a larger album). I used cream cardstock
- Twill ribbon (about 6 inches)
- Clear office supply labels (Avery makes some that are 1 inch x 3/4 inch, that are perfect for this, or you can get these 1-inch circles that would be great as well)
- Corner rounder
Here’s the album binding:
Assemble the album pages
- Determine how many pages you’ll need for your number of photographs. Cut one 4x12 strip for each photo in your album.
- Fold each strip in half so it is 4x6.
- Round the corners at the folded edge.
- Hold the un-rounded (open) ends of two strips together, and wrap one office supply label over both papers, about 1 inch from the top edge. Wrap the other label over both papers about 1 inch from the bottom edge. Your papers should make an “M” shape when they are unfolded into the air.
Repeat this process for each strip of paper in your album, until you have one long accordion held together with the office supply labels.
Assemble the cover and pages
- Cut two pieces of chipboard 4x6 inches. Round the top and bottom corners of one side of each chipboard.
- Round the corners of the printed cover, and adhere to one of the chipboard pieces.
- Lay the two covers, face-down on your table, with the rounded ends facing out. The covers should be about 1 inch apart, but this should change based on how many pages your album is.
- Place adhesive on the reverse (face-up) sides of the album. Make sure to get all the way to the corners and edges of the covers with the adhesive.
- Lay one of the twill ribbons across the gap between the covers, about 1 inch from the top of the covers. Make sure it is well adhered.
- Lay the other twill ribbon across the gap between the covers, about 1 inch from the bottom of the covers.
- With your accordion pages folded closed, and with the rounded edges facing the same direction as the rounds in the cover, adhere the first page to the inside of the front cover. So the very first flap will actually fold back on itself to match up with the cover.
- Adhere the last page (folded sie in, so the rounded corners match up) to the inside back cover.
Complete the Album
- Round the top and bottom left corners of one journaling sheet. Adhere to the first page of the album (it should be a left-facing page)
- Round the top and bottom right corners of one photo. Adhere it to the second page of the album, so it faces the journaling page.
- Repeat for all the pages in your album.
These make awesome gifts, too! :D