Memory Trends Overview
I decided not to bring my laptop with me, and that ended up being a good thing. Less to carry is always a good thing. :)
MT was really cool! We were scoping out new cool product, and I saw some awesome stuff. Here’s a little run-down:
A very cool ribbon company has come on the scene, converted over from the gift arena. Beaux Regards had a bunch of French ribbons - some of the coolest ribbon I’ve ever seen - and these awesome ribbon slides:
You can call them at the number on their web site to find a retailer. I hear that their catalog is coming soon.
And Pink Martini ventured into the manufacturer game with three new paper lines (with alpha and rub-on accents). Here is Orange Creamsicle. Very retro and cool. I especially love the florals here.
And perhaps you’ve been noticing all the cool gothic stuff showing up in fashion lately? It’s hitting the scrapping world too, and I think it’s very cool. Marah Johnson created three “tattoo” lines for Creative Imaginations, and this was my favorite.
And yesterday morning as we were leaving Daisy D’s booth I spotted this AWESOME mobile from Trace Industries. These are mat-board (which they use instead of chipboard) mobile kits you can purchase, decorate, and hang in your house, office, workplace, whatev. Awesome stuff.
Speaking of Daisy D’s. Their new Modern Romance collection simply rocks. They have papers, rub-ons and tags that help you create that “digital look” with paper. It is so cool. And unfortunately I didn’t get photos of this one.
I also loved:
- The black and cream line from Crate Paper (and have you seen their new cigar boxes? AWESOME!)
- The black and white line from the new company, Rouge de Garance
- The fruitcake Christmas line and the star ornaments from BasicGrey
- The awesome journaling spots I saw popping up from 7Gypsies, Sassafrass Lass, Imagination Project, and LOTS of others)
- The scrapbook calendar from Heidi Swapp (it’s got blank calendar pages and sheet protectors, as well as a hardcover binding to store your completed calendar album when the year is up. Here’s a photo of it over at Scrap Talk).
So that was MT in an nutshell. :D
I promised a rounded-corner tutorial for PS Friday this week, and I’ll get that up this weekend, ok? Just need a little more recovery time. :)