Hi there! My newest class, Type-ology: Designing with Fonts & Type is now available as a self-paced class! When you register, you'll receive instant, permanent access to the course, which includes more than 6 hours of step-by-step video instruction, gorgeous PDF companion sheets, and lots of extras!
Here is the syllabus, which includes EIGHT beautiful projects, including seven posters and a gorgeous mini-album you'll design and create yourself:
- Lesson 1: Details Poster: Getting acquainted with the anatomy of letterforms
- Lesson 2: Type as Pattern: Slab serif and outlined type creates a pattern for a poster or a card
- Lesson 3: Mixing Fonts & Brushes: Use block sans and script with watercolor brushes
- Lesson 4: Exploring & Collecting Fonts: Use tags and albums to identify, collect, and compare fonts of various styles at Myfonts.com
- Lesson 5a: History of Type, 15th-18th Centuries
- Lesson 5b: History of Type, 19th Century
- Lesson 6: Wood Type Poster: Create a poster using fonts patterned after 19th century wood type
- Lesson 7: Font Mixing, Forever Young Poster: Selectively mix fonts from different eras and add ligatures
- Lesson 8: Font Management for the Hoarder, er, Hobbyist
- Lesson 9: Love Poster: Use Photoshop patterns on type, and create a grid for a poster
- Lesson 10: Cricket Collage: Create a collage using an offset grid and LOTS of layers to mimic a paper from Cosmo Cricket
- BONUS LESSON: Collage Mini-album: Use a grid and the Cricket Collage to create a quick and beautiful mini-album
Here are some of the projects you'll create as part of this class:
n this class you'll learn about the history of type, the anatomy of letterforms, how to mix elements like Photoshop Brushes and patterns with fonts, and how to manage your ever-growing font stash. This is a must-have class for any digital scrapbooker, digital crafter, or designer! It's available at a special limited price of $45.00 (14$ off!)
You can register today for instant, permanent access, with over 6 hours of video instruction that streams to any device! This makes it easy to view the class on your phone or tablet, and create the projects on your computer.
As always, if you find this class isn't right for you, simply contact me and I'll give you a full refund. Register for Type-ology at JessicaSprague.com today!